Good Old Hyderabad
Makkah Masjid in 1948
Moazzam Jahi Marketplace building
Palace of the Hyderabad Royal Family.
Today's A.P Assembly building
State Central Library - Afzalgunj
Osmania General Hospital
State Banquet honoring the visit of the Viceroy of India
Dawakhana Unani - Charminar
State Cavalry heading a "langer" procession thru the streets of Hyderabad (1948)
Nizam's personal elephant
Haji's departing (from Nampally station?)
Mir Osman Ali Khan, reviewing the troops march from the royal box (probably in Parade grounds Secunderabad)
Nizam's Guard Buckle
Intresting history of Hyderabadi locality names
History of hyderabad streets and locality names.
Raza Ali Khan, was the Dewan of Nizam's State in 1670 AD. His Title was 'Nekh Nam Khan' A jagir was granted to him, which came to be called nekh-Nampally. This became 'Nampally'.
Basheerunnissa Begum, daughter of Nizam II was married to a Paigah noble. She received lands in dowry. The village came to be known as Begumpet.
The jagir granted to Khairunnisa Begum daughrer of Ibrahim Qutub Shah, came to be known as Khairatabad.
4) Begum Bazar:
Land gifted by Humda Begum ( the wife of Nizam Ali Khan Nizamul Mulk) to the merchants of Hyderabad for trade and commerce, finally developed as Begum Bazar.
5) Sultan Bazar:
After 1933, the Residency bazar was renamed Sultan Bazar, when these areas were returned to the Nizam, by the British (Residency).
6) Afzal Gunj:
The V Nizam (Afzalud Dawlah) gifted land to the grain merchants for trade and commerce. The place was named Afzal Gunj.
Named after Sikander jha (1806) (III Nizam). The Village where British troops were stationed.
8) Ma Saheba Ka Talab:
Hayat Bakshi Begum, wife of Quli Qutub Shah VI - was called Ma Saheba. The tank constructed by her to irrigate lands of Mallepally village, was called Masaheba ka Talab. Finally it was called Masab Tank.
9) Kadve Saheb Ki Galli (lane):
After a person, who was always angry-faced and talked ill of others. This lane is in the old city.
10) Himayat Nagar:
New locality named after Himayat Ali Khan - Azam Jha - eldest son of VII Nizam - Osman Ali Khan ( in 1933). His name was Himayat Ali Khan.
New locality named after Hyder Ali, who was 1st Talukhdar (District Collector) and owned lands in the village formerly the Jagir of Vaheed Unnisa Begum, wife of Nizam. The locality is called after him, as Hyderguda.
12) Basheer Bagh:
The garden of Sir Asman Jha, Basirud-dulah - a Paigah Noble, who had a palace at the Garden.
A revenue department employee, named Sonaji, who owned lands and resided in this village. Sonaji became Somaji and the hamlet came to be called 'Somajiguda' . (Guda is from Godem a hamlet).
Named after Malik Yakoob, a servant of Abdulah Qutub Shah Golconda King where he resided had a market, hence the name Malakpet.
A Jagir village of Sayed Meer Momin, Dewan of Golconda (1591).
16) Abid Shop:
A Valet and steward of Nizam (VI) Mahboob Ali Khan. This man had his first shop here.
Named after Sarwari Afzal Bai, mistress of Arasthu Jha. Dewan of Hyderabad, who granted a Jagir,and constructed a palace and Garden for her.
The village named after Abdul Samad with the titles; Dabir-ul Mulk, a noble man.
19) Noor Khan Bazar:
A market developed by Noor Khan, who came from Lucknow, during the time of the II Nizam.
A locality to the West of Lakdi-ka-pul. The barracks of Abyssinian Cavalry Guards of Raja of Wanaparthy - (1910) (Abyssinia is the old name of Ethiopia, an East African country).